This is a free coloring page featuring St. Francis of Assisi. I’ve also included one of my favorite prayers.
One of the English translations of this famous prayer attributed to him is this:
- Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
- Where there is injury, pardon;
- Where there is error, truth;
- Where there is doubt, faith;
- Where there is despair, hope;
- Where there is darkness, light;
- And where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
- To be consoled as to console;
- To be understood as to understand;
- To be loved as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive;
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
- And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
- You can also find the french version of this prayer online… If you or your children are learning french, what a wonderful way to share the history and beauty of the language!
Please don’t try to copy from here: A good download of this coloring page is at:
Yes, I know it’s not Friday. I did get a blessing today, not only for myself, but for those of you who want to teach your kids while they color! This insert was in my bulletin at church today, and I was impressed at how much we can do with such a little bit. I thought it was worth sharing both sides of the bulletin insert. You can reach the ELCA by clicking the Blue side of the insert or this sentence. The other side was a (bulletin size) coloring page (below). If you copy it to a page, it will also be a partial sheet.
Hence it’s inclusion in this category! Not only do you get to see children and grandchildren have some fun, They can learn, too!
Blessings and Hugs! Karen
We’ll do a Friday Free coloring page… We thought this would be appropriate…
Even though things may seem to go against us, We have a God who loves us very much. The melt of the snow yields life-giving water for the plants and animals in the spring. We pray the drought which causes so much difficulty for the farmers will soon be assuaged.
Romans 8:28 (New International Version)
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.